Sep 16, 2009

I have a little situation here

Which is quite simple but as always I am just making it a little complicated. Yeah, just for fun, y'know?

There's this photographic contest from a magazine, about teen pregnancy and the beauty of adolescence. You're supposed to send a picture of the best part of adolescence. The point is that being a mom/dad is a really big decision, and it's a decision you should take consciusly, not just because you wanted to have sex. And their advise is to enjoy adolescence...

And here's where I complicate things. Adolescence is actually nice? Is there ANY BEAUTY at all in it? All the physical changes make you embarrassed. You're almost all the time emotionally fucked up. Psychologically, you're trying to find yourself. Lucky Maria who's the most mature 14 year old I've ever met. Personally, my point of view is quite pesimistic. I hated my years of adolescence while I was living them, and for some reason I believe almost every teenager did. Now that I'm older I don't even think about them. I said "older" instead of saying "I've grown up" because I don't think I have grown up. Everyone says inside we're all children, but adults don't even remember their childhood, and they're the ones who say that inside we're all children... This are all just vague ideas, because as I said before I don't think about the time I was "growing up". And it's all really mixed. Adolescence is hell, as far as I know. I don't know about any other teenager. Maybe the Olsen twins' adolescence was better than mine, or worse because of all the attention they got (and still get). Mention any kid celebrity, and still I bet growing up was hell for them. Try mentioning the ones who DIDN'T get in drugs/alcohol or any other substance. Just yesterday there was this girl in Dr. House who was fat and had a baby girl with this guy from school and before that she drank a lot of alcohol, provided by the same asshole. Guess what! All the perfect thin shitty girls gave her mushrooms and she died. The beauty of adolescence. The amazing process of growing up to be your parents less-than-masterpiece, everything they did not hope for when they decided to have you. Spring is starting and so will the suicides. Girls killing themselves all over the globe because they weren't noticed, they wanted to be noticed and they asked help from the wrong people: the perfect thin shitty girls! The greatest example of how to get noticed, plus sucking at school, becoming an addict of some substance, getting depressed and possibly killing yourself eventually because they DIDN'T WANT to help you, they just wanted to make fun of you, and also they lied to you and said they were your "bffs".

Yes. I am pissed off. I hate the fact that this is something that happens, yet adults say it's wonderful. Yes, I am aware that you learn more from bad times than good times. But is it really necessary to make a person have a bad year so you can have good one? Do you really have to overpower the ones who need nothing but being listened?

My case is boring, neither of this happened to me. I have absolutely no child trauma, or adolescence trauma if that matters. And people think it's weird. I did suffer but just because I did it to myself, and I don't mean in a phisical way. I just got really existentialist, but I still am. My humor still changes a lot during the day. I still hate a lot of things I used to hate. I am comfortable with who I am, with how I look, with the things I like or love. I have never been in love, but I am not desperately looking for it either. Sounds romantic and unlike me, but I believe that I'm not meant to look for it, it will find me by itself. I've lost more friends than I've made, but I've kept the few I need and I love them and I'm happy with them. I've realized a lot of things I didn't realize before. I've made up my mind about many things. My opinions about certain things have changed. I read more, I stopped watching TV and going to the church. I stopped doing a lot of things I used to to. I'm more quiet. But I write more than I used to. My taste has changed. Should I go on...?

I would hang a WELCOME TO HELL sing on the adolescence door. We all go through it. Some don't make it. Some do, and become adults. Some don't become adults. There are so many choices and so many shit that the world offers. But that's another subject I will develope some other day.

Personally, I don't think there's any beauty at all in adolescence. But, oh the irony, I'm still going to send a picture to the contest. I've got nothing to lose.

No comments: